Tuesday, July 24, 2007

4Months, 4Homes

Been here in Singapore since March. Since then I have been adjusting to the different lifestyle Singaporeans have. And in those four months, I have not found a permanent place to stay. It took some time for me to find one and I'm on my way there this coming August. Looking back, I myself is amazed of the journey that I took waiting for that time to come. Four months it has been and four places for shelter. To give you a glimpse of my homes here in Singapore, just check the pictures below. What a colorful and unforgettable experience it is, and sometimes tiring.

1. Clementi West Street 1 - This place is a HDB (Housing and Development Board) 2-bedroom unit. Ken, former officemate of Neil, is a tenant of this unit along with his sister Kristine. On our arrival in Singapore, the siblings welcomed us (me, Cel and Neil), in their home and offered the other common room for us to stay. Below are the pictures.





















At the back of this HDB is the Clementi Woods park, perfect for some weekend jogging and exercise.















2. Geylang Heritage (32 Lorong 32 Geylang) - This is an apartment style 3-bedroom unit. My friend Angel, who has been in Singapore for a year stays here with his girlfriend and two other friends, Beth and Suzi. This place is very convenient because it is near the city proper. I was able to get hold of one of the rooms last April for a transient 1-month stay. This has also been home for me and Jason during his short visit here last May.











































3. Novena - Again, after a month, it was time to move. Good fortune that my friend, Kiomi, could share her unit at Novena with me. She was supposed to go back to the Philippines then and would have likely given up the place if not for my consequent need to find a place to stay. hehe. So she stayed there to share with me the room. We shared the unit with other Pinays, Kristina and Ate Weng. On the 3rd week of my stay there, I had to go back to the Philippines because it was my brother's wedding. Unfortunately Kiomi will be going home the same day that I will be coming back to Singapore. Kiomi, hope you'll come back soon. Singapore misses you. That's Kiomi in the kitchen by the way =)




























4. Sunnyspring (Guillemard) - Now for the nth time, I am moving again. Thanks to Cel and Neil who has always been there to help move out my things from here to there and everywhere. My last stop for the time-being is here at Sunnyspring condo. I had knowledge about the room from Jason's friend, Cherry. Coincidentally, I shared the condo unit with Arlene, who is also a former schoolmate in College and High School and another guy, Jek, also a college schoolmate. Small world, isn't it?

Condos in Singapore means you would have some facilities at the least in exchange for the amount you are paying for. But what the... on the day before moving out of Novena, I was not feeling well. Some blisters have suddenly appeared on my arm. But I have managed to go to office on that day. Lunch time it was, when I told Cel that I am not really feeling well and when I touched my face, something popped! I asked Cel what it was and she said it looked like Chicken Pox. Oh no,,, The next day, before we moved my things we went to the hospital and there positive, straight to my face, chicken pox it was. What a day! Second day in Sunnyspring, I was on my way home to the Philippines... hahahahaha. (Sorry to my co-passengers, who might have caught the virus because of me.) After a week, I was back and enjoyed my stay in Sunnyspring for the next 3weeks. Did I say enjoy? Nah! Because of my chicken pox marks, huh.. no fun for me, can't even use the pool. Lucky me.

No comments: